Friday 31 October 2014

Dividend Income: October 2014

Every month I am going to be providing a breakdown of the dividend income received from my shares. The overall monthly total will be included on the main “Dividends Received” page.

  • GlaxoSmithKline--£28.88
    • This 19p per share Q2 dividend is 1p more than Q2 2013. A nice increase which does increase short-term pressure on the dividend cover for 2014.
  • HSBC--£4.93
    • Yields the same $0.10 dollar quarterly dividend as Q2 dividend in 2013. Currency exchange rates though continues to reduce real dividend income from last years total.
  • Interserve--£6.45
    • This 7.5p per share interim dividend represents a 10% growth on the 2013 results.

Total for October: £40.26.

This was another good month with my second largest income total for one month (second only to September). Overall, this also pushed me over my £200 target already. This means that I have hit it 2 months early. This is excellent news. I have now revised my target up to £250 for this year which I also hope to achieve (fingers crossed).

So how far am I towards this revised target? Well at £200.02 it means I am 80% towards the target already.



[Creative Commons image from Flickr user 401(k) 2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment