Saturday 2 August 2014

Dividend Income: July 2014

Every month I am going to be providing a breakdown of the dividend income received from my shares. The overall monthly total will be included on the main “Dividends Received” page.

  • Tesco--£15.20
    • This was the same dividend value as both 2012 and 2013's final dividend, 10.13p per share. 2014 was thus another year of no dividend growth.
  • HSBC--£4.70
    • This was, as with Tesco, the same value as the 2013 equivalent dividend at $0.10 per share. Strength of the pound has diminished its value a little.

Total for July: £19.90.


This month's addition thus leaves me at 36% of my dividend goal for 2014 of £200:



Considering we are now 7 months through the year, that may seem that I am running rather short of this target. So far I am not worried, however, as firstly August will see some big ex-dividend dates (including for my new July addition, GSK). 

What is more, I missed many ex-dividend dates at the start of the year which I, of course, will not be missing going forward. Furthermore, I will have more funds soon to invest in new stocks. Hopefully some of these will have dividend dates which contribute to my 2014 tally.

[Creative Commons image from Flickr user 401(k) 2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment