This is going to include my Top 5 "On Here" (that is on The Dividend Drive) and my Top 5 "Over There" (that is, on other personal finance sites I read).
Now, for the "On Here" list it is quite straightforward. Those with the most unique page views are ranked accordingly. It is a purely quantitative ranking.
In contrast, for "Over There" it is nothing of the sort. It is qualitative through and through and is simply chosen by me from what I read (and mostly commented on) during the week. It is not really a ranking but a motley bag of (excellent) items.
("What about 'Over to You'?", you ask. Well read on and all will become clear.)
Top 5 "On Here"My recent top-up purchases of Shell and Interserve take a prominent position in there. As does my breakdown of the progress I made during March both with regards new purchases and dividend income.
For me the two most interesting on the list are the ones which bookend the list in first and fifth place. In the top spot is an article which asks how you are thinking of arranging your investments for retirement.
Anyway, without any further ado, here is my breakdown for the week beginning 4 April 2015:
- Shifting My Portfolio into "Retirement Gear": Primitive Proposed Plan and Timescales
- BUY: Royal Dutch Shell "B"--Betting BiG on the BG Bid?
- March 2015: Dividend Income and Trading Activity
- BUY: Interserve--Topping up on a Service Ace
- March 2015 Goals Progress Report: First Quarter
Top 5 "Over There"So what about articles published elsewhere. Here is a little list of what caught my eye.
We have a little of everything. A couple for you to ponder on when arranging your portfolio weightings as a dividend investor and how to perceive value in dividend investing. Another offers a nice breakdown of some potentially interesting investments for this month. And two others which are a little bit more personal: how to handle a recent acquisition deal and employment palavers.
Drink them in. All 5 (erm...6) of them.
- Portfolio vs. Dividend Diversification (No More Waffles)
- Don’t overpay for dividends (Under the Money Tree)
- The Financial Independence Factors (Finance Zombie)
- Forced Stock Sale: Catlin Group (Financially Free by Forty)
- April 2015 – Dividend Stocks Watch List (There's Value)
- Why Losing My Job Was the Best Thing That Happened To Me (Quietly Saving)
Top 5 "Over to You"Anyway, that is it for this week. And here, as promised an age ago (or rather a few lines above), the "Over to You" bit.
What did you read this week that you found really interesting related to investing, personal finance or financial independence (or anything related)?
Make a comment below and include a link. Then we can all take a look!